WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Starting a service business! Suggestions appreciated.

icanhelpicanhelp subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Grab Bag
I'm planning on starting a small service based business. As I'm in the website designing and development for a long time, I think it'll be easy for me to start with this as a service. Well, I'm well set till to this point. I know what I want to do and how I'm going to do it. But then......

What bothers me is that I know how to design and develop stunning websites but I don't know anything about how to get clients. As you should know that I was working in a company and never had to worry about getting clients. So, it's kind of new for me.

I was wondering if you guys could lend me a hand here. Anything and everything would be appreciated. 

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Options
    LynnthLynnth subscriber Posts: 0
    There are two ways to get your name out to potential clients. The first is the traditional advertising route. This can be a slow and expensive method. Another way is through networking. Hook up with your local chamber of commerce and any other professional groups in your area where potential clients may meet. Socialize in these groups and be prepared with your quick elevator pitch on what you can do to solve their problems. Always start conversations with finding out what they do and what challenges they are facing. If you can solve their problems they will be faithful clients.
  • Options
    msgin015msgin015 subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I would suggest promoting your Service in business networks, such as here, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Diversify your business with extra services such as writing up helpful tutorials about web design and 'sell' these articles to sites that accept 'guest' posts. There are many such sites that pay. Your 'bio' information in the articles would help boost your search rankings and 'attract' clients to your web design services. It's always good to not have all your eggs in one basket.