WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Chances of winning projects on freelancer sites?

garysvpagarysvpa subscriber Posts: 10
edited March 2015 in Marketing
Hi,

We are a start up looking for some beta customers, to help us test and fine tune our service delivery solution, and to assist us in this quest we are about to start bidding on a few projects on several freelancer sites (namely, Freelancer, Elance, Odesk and Guru).

We thought it might be a good idea to ask if any forum members know of any ways to increase the chances of winning projects on freelance sites such as these?

Any tips or advice would be well received.

Kind Regards,

Gary

Comments

• leadamoleadamo subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Gary

It look me nearly a year to win my first job on PPH.

Some tips:
    - Be the first to bid
    - Ensure your bid is tailored to the job.

In terms of beta testing, let me know what you need testing. I'd be more than happy to help

Hitesh
  • Road2SaleRoad2Sale subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi,
    When you are bidding do not forget to give the outsourcer some thoughts on the task and mention how you are going to approach it. Also, try to explain why you will be his best possible option (for example - mention a unique/rare skill you have that can help you for completing the task given)
    Having a professional attitude towards the project will give you far better chances to win the job than mere cheap prices.
  • JLevittJLevitt subscriber Posts: 0
    Good tips from Hitesh. It's super competitive because of the international gap in wage expectations.

If you've done any pre-sales, that's a great opportunity to get beta testers. The opportunity to influence product development is a huge benefit for your pre-launch adopters.

Good luck with the project!