WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Business Idea, Help!

RyanKRyanK subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in Marketing
So I have a great business plan that I've worked very hard on. I believe (very strongly) that I can succeed, there's only one thing that I'm not sure how to do. My business requires contacting businesses and giving them my "sales pitch". But I have been looking and most companies only have general emails that make it seem that my sales pitch will just be looked over as a scam. I have a legitimate service that I can offer them and I KNOW that if they just heard me out or read what I have to offer that I could make them my customer, my only problem is how do I get them to hear me out? Call them, email? What's my best option?
Thanks for any replies in advance!

(sorry for re post wanted it on this forum!)

Comments

• GHackLabsGHackLabs subscriber Posts: 0
    I would call them and set up a meeting. Nothing to lose, and more to gain. You'll probably get a few rejections at the start, take it as a learning curve. You'll get better at it as time passes.

If your going for the email way, organize a coffee meeting to discuss things. Focus on them, not you. Once you have established a relationship, then let them know how you can help them.

Hope that helps.
  • WallisWallis subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I met the same problem like you.But i cant organize a coffee meeting,because I am in china and i look for the foreign purchaser.
    Good luck to you.
  • lindsaylindsay subscriber Posts: 6
    I'm not sure what you are selling but regardless of what you are selling -- no one ever likes to be SOLD, instead you have to find a way to build a relationship/connection first. Can you think of anything you can do for "FREE" to gain their attention? The ultimate question you have to ask yourself is "Why should they buy from you? OR what can you do for them. In most instances, you have to GIVE first to even get noticed regardless on how you are contacting them. Good luck and if you need any further advice I would be happy to help
  • HariSuryanarayamaHariSuryanarayama subscriber Posts: 0
    There is never been a better time to be an entrepreneur. Technology is more powerful and affordable than ever and social media has made it possible to promote your business in ways that are often more effective than expensive advertising campaigns. And if you need startup funds to get going, crowd funding and alternative lending sites are making it much easier to get your business off the ground.
  • Road2SaleRoad2Sale subscriber Posts: 1
    When you have to sell, the best practice is to build connections. I always follow the rule "the longer your content is, the less likely are they going to listen"
    So you need to make sure that people will hear you out. I can suggest two methods.
    1st Get in Facebook, Linked in groups and Twitter chats, where your product might appeal to them, first try to make some "friendships" and then pitch.
    2nd There are business conventions where people are able to share their business ideas and look for backers. This of course is the more expensive and risky choice.