WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Where to find writers?

tgatnrtgatnr subscriber Posts: 1
Hello,
I recently started a website and i need some people to write for me, i don't have really any money to spend to hire anyone, but i was looking if there was any way that i could find people who would be willing to form some sort of team so that we all contribute to the site, and all get something out of it after some time. If anyone knows of any ways of going about doing this, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• RudolfRudolf subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello,

a friend of mine managed to do that - have people write for fun and free. However; this requires extensive networking. You will need to invest time in networking, finding the right people who are willing to contribute to your website for free.

You should first make sure you set up your website first if you want to go the networking way. You need to have something to show for, a sign that you're dedicated to the project and have something going that is worth their time to invest in.

Either way, if you don't have money, you will need to invest time and effort.

Another way is to write the content yourself. But you will need to be a good writer. You don't need the skills of a novel writer, but rather know how to interest your audience, and be able to use proper spelling, grammar etc.

I personally find networking too time-consuming, and writing it myself can be brain-cracking. So I just go to Fiverr and find the right people. Right now I found someone who will write 400 words for $5. That's a bargain, especially to me since I earn Euros and pay in Dollars.

You can find writers on Fiverr too; just be sure to stay away from non-native writers, often you'll find these people boasting about their schooling and language skills in their profile and turn out to produce crappy content.

I don't know what language your articles need to be in, but if it's in English then you'll easily find plenty of writers on Fiverr. You could also go to Elance for example you've got plenty of writers there too and it's sort of no cure no pay thanks to the Escrow service the system works with.

Those are your options I can think of.
  • tgatnrtgatnr subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for the reply, really helpful. But one more question, how do i get started networking? i think thats the way i wanna go its just i dont know where to start
  • Chris0Chris0 subscriber Posts: 0
    If you want only an internal team to write than you will definitely need to network like Rudolf mentioned or use a service like Fiverr. However, if you are ok with outside guest posts than I am sure you could find people quite easily. I'm not sure what type of content you need but just by letting people give a shout out of their own website/business they could be willing to write for you.
  • tgatnrtgatnr subscriber Posts: 1
  • ryantcryantc subscriber Posts: 0
    There are a lot of different ways to find writers online. You can go the route of a freelance website and select from writers there or go straight to a virtual assistant that offers writing services. These are just two ways you can go about finding writers.
  • Road2SaleRoad2Sale subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi, I think that if you are on a tight budget you can try to hire some students as trainees
    Students often need to prove that they made an internship but because of their lack of experience not many employers are willing to take them.
    So you can give them written recommendations to use in front of their future employers for exchange of their favors.
    Or because students' labour is cheap why not pay them just a small fee - if they are any good you can establish a long term business relationship.
  • GavinGavin subscriber Posts: 0
    Maybe you can find writers in some Facebook groups?
  • LarjoeLarjoe subscriber Posts: 0
    DO you know iwriters.com