WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Becoming a distributor

triplefiretriplefire subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in Selecting a Business
Strongly considering becoming a sole distributor for a particular health device.

Atm, it is not popular due to the high retail price, and lack of long term research for the device. Only a few hospitals in Europe have started to use this device, and has reported great success treating a certain disease.

I am located in Asia, Hong Kong, and I would like to start becoming a sole distributor.

My concerns;
1. High retail price
2. High wholesale price for distributors.
3. Lack of market response for brand new treatment device. (I believe if its well known then there would be more than 3 distributors in Hong Kong)
4. Need big space to store such a big medical device.
5. Competitors provide a similar device, but with much less technology involved, and the design is much outdated.

I believe it is a risk to take. No risk no gain is my belief.

My goal is to become the sole distributor in South Pacific region, renting serviced offices across major cities.

I plan to hire multiple engineers from different major cities to learn this device, in case of repairs for the South East Asia market.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments