WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need advice

farrishayes23farrishayes23 subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Thought Leadership
I used to sell drugs and had a landscaping business from 17-18 1/2 and I'm 19 at the moment. When I was selling drugs and running my landscaping business I was happy and successful relatively speaking, I was motivated and could almost sell anything to anyone, I went out and had fun and everyone perceived me as happy. But I eventually got robbed for weed and got in a shoot out. After that I thought different and decided to go to college instead of staying on the street with my friends( and I never was a gangbanger or gangster, i was just a hustler). But after I started college and came home for the summer I've started another business legitimately and I have been depressed, out of motivation, and almost passionless( which I used to be very passionate with my other endeavors) I have also kinda lost my ability to sell like I used to and my confidence in marketing. I used to be able to sell almost anything naturally and now I have read most books on business, spirituality, marketing, and motivational videos on boosting confidence and communication skills, But I JUST Dont Seem Like I Can Execute Like I Used To, What Do I Do? I'm constantly learning and reading everyday(like a bookworm now). I know all this stuff but I dont seem like I can apply it to my life and use it( and I need to) How can I use all this stuff I know and stop letting it sit in my head like a huge boulder.? (And the business I've started is a mobile waterless car wash)

Comments