WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Getting The Proposal Signed Now!

CHodgesCHodges subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Sales
I'd love to get your opinions on this. You've probably been there. You get the meeting with the prospect, you seem to get along great, you present to them how you and your company can deliver exactly what they need. So they ask you for a proposal and you deliver one that is well thought-out and detailed and demonstrates that you truly understand their business and can help them grow it.

You send it over and then....... nothing. You call and/or email and they tell you again that your proposal is great and the price is fair. But..... they...... won't...... sign.

To give full disclosure I'm now living in an area very unlike NY where things move much quicker. The culture here is way more relaxed... and there isn't that sense of urgency that I'm used to from my years of living and working in NY.

So what methods or techniques have you implemented to get your prospects to sign sooner?

Thanks! l

Comments

• Options
    AberitAberit subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    Maybe it is what you said: "slow" culture in which people wonder for a long time before deciding.
  • Options
    edwardmasonedwardmason subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Hi CHodges! Sometimes its really hard to get prospect clients/ investors signed up for your business especially when the industry & your location seemed too "traditional" or afraid of something new. You just have to be patient in looking for prospect clients, do local networking, hand out business cards. Sometimes you just have to be patient, its not like you sow today and reap the other day anyway.