WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Advice for Finding The Right Idea

Zara111Zara111 subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Selecting a Business
Hi everyone I hope I've posted this in the right section.

I want to start a business in order to be able to leave my job. But I need some advice about how to create/find a winning business idea.

How did you find yours. I don't want to waste time and effort working on a bad idea?

Zara

Comments

• Options
    edwardmasonedwardmason subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Hi Zara!

We'll it is a nice plan to start up a business but you have to set goals as well. There are a few things you must consider. First, do you have that "enough" budget to start up a business? What kind of business would you like to start? Are you knowledgeable about that kind of business? As for me, I have chosen to run a digital design & printing business (we usually design promotional products, printed marketing stuff and all) since I know a lot about graphic designing. You should choose a business in line with your interest so that you'll be comfortable & capable of running it.
  • Options
    grwoinggrwoing subscriber Posts: 0
    hello Zara
    I admire your tought about opening your own business. but in my opinion you should first be clear on your interest or buy others proposal which corresponds to your feeling.
    I have one special business idea but unfortunately, it is a little bit costy since i worked hard on it. any how if you are interested i am open for a discussion.
  • Options
    ZealRatkoZealRatko subscriber Posts: 1
    Hey Zara,

I'd like to add my two cents here as well.

Don't be afraid of not finding the right idea. There are a lot of great ideas that didn't reach success. Building a successful business is not just about the idea. You have to get a few aspects right to make an impact.

I think edwardmason gave you some great advice. Especially on the what makes you flare part. In some cases, the best businesses came from people just loving what they do.
  • Options
    edward222edward222 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Zara,

Don't be afraid, if you want to start a small business you can start in making a website for it. there are many free website creator you can search if you don't know how to create a website.

Just remember the 3 P's. Place, People, Product. ..