WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Amateur Web Entrepreneur Seeks Advice

AlexOnTheFlyAlexOnTheFly subscriber Posts: 1
I have an unprecedented idea for a niche classifieds/social media website that I know can help hundreds of thousands of Employers and Employees. I have a great brand name and logo and the site is about 50% built. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to build a website...

I have used a local programmer that fell short of my expectations then I started using oDesk.com and have gotten some work done through freelancers. I'm running super low on funds to complete the site. I have spent about $1200 on the project thus far and thought it would be 100% completed by now.

What I currently have is a nicely designed site that doesn't function as a cohesive unit. The Members, Jobs, Events, Forums, and Calendar are not integrated properly. I'm using Wordpress with BuddyPress, Classifieds, and Forums plug ins. The template is called SweetDate, a dating template that actually works with what I'm trying to do.

Now I need someone to finish the site; I need the pieces of the puzzle to fit together and function as a cohesive website. I can't seem to find the right programmer. I need someone I can trust to not steal my idea, someone who is capable of programming it the way I want, and someone who is reasonably priced.

I'm currently debating recording a video and starting a Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds and awareness I need to launch the site. I'm very confident I can make a video that is easy to relate to, and just as laid-back and funny as it is informative. My concern is getting the idea out there before the launch and have someone steal the idea.

I'M LOST! I need money and a reliable team to build my website. What shall an Idea-Man do? Please help!

Comments

• susssuss subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Alex. Perhaps I can help. Read my introduction below and let me know. I'm an investor always looking for unique opportunities from determined hungry individuals and entities alike. Typically when I look at a public company there are certain variables I pay particularly close attention to. That is income to debt ratios, trailing and forward multiples, top line growth, bottom line growth and the lists goes on. However here I'm open to you all. Hopefully you have a business prospectus or executive summary but its not essential. Hit me up at bradleyseansusser@gmail.com if this sounds like you. I;m based in New York for those who are interested. For those who are not interested I wish you all the success in the world:)
  • AberitAberit subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    We can prepare the website for you. See English website of our company on www.aberit.eu
  • chimbaorvichimbaorvi subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Alex. We can definitely help you build your site. Check my site here for more detials
    http://www.webentrepreneur.ws/
    http://www.chimbaweb.com/

as we don't just help you with your website but gives you tips in you business online.
  • jmarcusjmarcus subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Alex, I have noticed that you need a software developer, our company might help you with it. At Redwerk, we have a group of developers who dedicate most of their time for startups. Just check our website at redwerk.com or contact me at any time.
  • speedwayspeedway subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    If you are running out of money I would recommend finding a partner or building up more funds. In that time you can work on building out your instructions for the site so that they are as specific as possible which will make it easier for a developer to know what he/she is getting into and an accurate price.

I would also look on building existing platforms to start while you build a user base. Then once you prove the concept spend the money on paying someone.
  • speedwayspeedway subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    If you are running out of money I would recommend finding a partner or building up more funds. In that time you can work on building out your instructions for the site so that they are as specific as possible which will make it easier for a developer to know what he/she is getting into and an accurate price.

I would also look on building existing platforms to start while you build a user base. Then once you prove the concept spend the money on paying someone.