WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

First contact: Email vs Phone Call

WyldbluWyldblu subscriber Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in Marketing
Hi,

In my marketing efforts, I have been emailing an introduction of sorts to our target market (new companies), explaining who we are and what we do. I usually follow up with a friendly phone call a few days later. However, I am wondering if I should just call instead of sending the email. It seems more aggressive to me, and not necessarily in a good way. We basically have no budget to buy call lists so I have been finding my contacts more organically but with a lot more effort. I have had a little success I guess, if you can call one paid client out of over 500 email/calls a success. And I have some warm leads I am trying to convert. Other than that, I am wondering what else I could do. We have advertised in just about every place you can for free, and people are currently finding us through some Google pay per click ads we got for free. We could use some ideas/help/suggestions...

Thanks!
DeZignThis.com

Comments

• AberitAberit subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    Calling is a faster way. If they prefer contact via email they would inform you.
  • videoovervaagningvideoovervaagning subscriber Posts: 0
    I would think it's different depending on which market you are trying to reach. If you think calling first might be worth trying, then go ahead and do that. My most successful ideas came from testing. Btw. you have an error on your site in the featured content area. "No Result Found".
  • CallBettieCallBettie subscriber Posts: 0
    My sales team has had better luck with calling first and then a follow up email later.
  • CallBettieCallBettie subscriber Posts: 0
    My sales team has had the best luck with calling first and following up second. Also, we joined BNI which does cost between $400-$500 annually but has given great word of mouth referrals.
  • jessleejesslee subscriber Posts: 0
    I prefer calling first then go to the email.
  • WyldbluWyldblu subscriber Posts: 8
    <blockquote><strong><a href="/community/profile/CallBettie">CallBettie</a> said:</strong><br />My sales team has had better luck with calling first and then a follow up email later. </blockquote><br />

Thanks for the heads up. I think it is returning that error only because we do not have a contest running currently. We just finished one up.

www.DeZignThis.com
  • TerryhopperTerryhopper subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    It depending on your communication I would like phone call is the first contact. After I would like email.
  • TimMartinTimMartin subscriber Posts: 0
    A phone call should always be preferred as the mode of contact for the first time. This way you can communicate efficiently and it makes a good first impression on the person you're talking to. Email is a secondary option. It is actually a little bit time consuming.
  • rzuncomerzuncome subscriber Posts: 0
    A phone call should always be preferred as the mode of contact for the first time. This way you can communicate efficiently and it makes a good first impression on the person you're talking to.
    www.rzun.com
  • fifa235coinsfifa235coins subscriber Posts: 0
    Brazil hot players difficult to adapt to the French defender Valane dewatering hospital France 8 strong matches promotion road 4 detonation 10 goals Benzema shine in new network on 2 July, according to Taiwan's ETTV reported.
    www.eafifa14utcoins.com
  • fifa237coinsfifa237coins subscriber Posts: 0
    But FIFA 14 Ultimate Team fans can now see the likes of Kroos, Rodriguez, Drogba or Mosquera play for their new real-world clubs.www.eafifa4coins.com
  • WyldbluWyldblu subscriber Posts: 8
    I appreciate all the feedback, we are calling everyone first now and asking if we can email them. Not sure how effective that will be, but we can only try. TO THE PEOPLE TRYING TO SPAM AND HIJACK THIS TREAD, YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED.
  • garysvpagarysvpa subscriber Posts: 10
    <blockquote><strong><a href="/community/profile/Wyldblu">Wyldblu</a> said:</strong><br />Hi,

In my marketing efforts, I have been emailing an introduction of sorts to our target market (new companies), explaining who we are and what we do. I usually follow up with a friendly phone call a few days later. However, I am wondering if I should just call instead of sending the email. It seems more aggressive to me, and not necessarily in a good way. We basically have no budget to buy call lists so I have been finding my contacts more organically but with a lot more effort. I have had a little success I guess, if you can call one paid client out of over 500 email/calls a success. And I have some warm leads I am trying to convert. Other than that, I am wondering what else I could do. We have advertised in just about every place you can for free, and people are currently finding us through some Google pay per click ads we got for free. We could use some ideas/help/suggestions...

Thanks!
    DeZignThis.com
    </blockquote><br />

Start with a call, followed by an email, and supported by a letter.
  • OnchieOnchie subscriber Posts: 11
    Calling would be better than sending an email. Writing them an email does not necessarily mean that they are obliged to reply you back. If you are opting to give them a call, it would be best to ask first if it would be the best time to call them. Next would be requesting for a few minutes of their time.