WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

starting a shoe line or clothing line

dayDreamerdayDreamer subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
edited April 2016 in Business Planning
I would like to know if someone could give me some advice on how to get a clothing line or shoe line started. My sister and I would like to start a shoe line to honor our mother, but we don`t know how to get started.  Can someone tell me the steps I need to take in order to make my dream a reality?  I would really appreciate good advice and expertise.

Comments

• Options
    MrsB73MrsB73 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi!
    I am a beginner, so I don`t have much information to share with you.  But one of the first things I did when I realized I wanted to open my own party store was go and visit party stores just outside of my town (I figured they would be more willing to talk to me if they knew I wasn`t a competitor) and asked them how they got started and if they had any advice.
    Out of the three people I spoke with, two of them were extremely helpful, friendly and honest.  One of them was rude, unfriendly and very bitter.  But, I left knowing that I wouldn`t let what she said get to me.
    My point is, go visit some shoe stores!  Preferrably, ones you wouldn`t be in competition with - they will probably be more likely to talk to you.
    Best of luck, I think it`s a great idea!
  • Options
    DivashoozsDivashoozs subscriber Posts: 0
    I am interested in starting my own shoeline for my customized designs of pumps. The is a very new area for me. I have been doing a lot of research on what would be the best avenue to take as it relates to starting a shoeline of customized pumps but I feel like I keep hitting a brick wall. Do you have any suggestions on where I would begin or what I need to do to establish my own shoeline of customized designs?
  • Options
    KarmaClothingKarmaClothing subscriber Posts: 0
    Clothing line is the best and the most feasible one to start unlike the shoe line which requires a lot..
  • Options
    JackcooperJackcooper subscriber Posts: 0
    Mens Business Shoes online is a good business. There are many websites online which offers wide range of Men Shoes Online
  • Options
    michealjim12michealjim12 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi everyone. This is my first comment over here. I think Online <a href="http:www.clothingnbags.com/">Wholesale Clothing Store</a>is a good option too. But it takes time to touch the roof but it's a good business. With low investment you can earn more money.
  • Options
    michealjim12michealjim12 subscriber Posts: 0
    Why my link is not visible ?

<a href="http:www.clothingnbags.com/">Wholesale Clothing Store</a>
  • Options
    LALuxuryLALuxury subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Hey guys! I would truly appreciate if you guys could check out GoFundMe.com/laluxury and read my story. And if you can't donate that's fine but pass it a long to friend or loved one. This really mean's a lot! Thanks!

GoFundMe.com/laluxury
  • Options
    jasonburtonjasonburton subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    You have come to a right place for start-up guides.. Starting a business of any kind isn't always an easy task. You have to come up with a unique ideas how your business works, how you can help consumers, your products and after sales services. But prior to that you must have to have a quality brand or products name, there are team of experts that works on the said field, try http://eatmywords.com/ they will quote you besta nd unqiue ideas on how to name your company or business. Base on the site testimonials, they are reliable when it comes to branding.
  • Options
    djbfrankdjbfrank subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    I designed furniture/home decor and had it manuf in China & Indonesia for 10 years.. It is not clothing but similar steps in the process. I have contacts in China I can refer.

As for setting up an online retail/wholesale store the best way I think is shopify. I know many success stories here.

http://spaswank.com/shopify
  • Options
    stevejohnsonstevejohnson subscriber Posts: 5
    First of all you need to start advertising of it from internet and make pages on social medias like Facebook and as most people will know about your business they gonna follow you which helps you opening new business.