WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Options Instead of Franchising?

JBSurfsJBSurfs subscriber Posts: 10 Member
edited August 2014 in Business Planning
I'm trying to get my product out to others to resell for me. Basically I'd really like to have a person in each city that can re-sell my product in that area. I have a product targeted at kids and most likely will be bought by moms. In the $8-10 range. I don't want to go through the hassles of getting a franchise license. Can I set these people up as authorized resellers or some other name? I'll sell probably 20 at a time at a wholesale price and then they can resell at the retail price. No initial fee.

I'm open to ideas.

Comments

• TreyRTreyR subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi, my recommendation is to check out affiliate marketing. The definition of Affiliate Marketing, "a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's own marketing efforts." Basically means you pay people a commission for bringing in sales for your product. Though I am a marketer, my knowledge of affiliate marketing is very brief, but here is a site that can give you more info (and is actually an affiliate program site that you can advertise your product): http://www.cj.com/what-is-affiliate-marketing

Good luck!

P.S. You can start off by marketing the product yourself and turn your customers into affiliates(which may be easier than finding affiliates), giving your customers a chance to earn money by recommending your product. You can also start a referral program (which is like affiliate marketing, but less technical I believe). A referral program is a good starting point and something you can start right away.