WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Starting A Business

jh2010jh2010 subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Business Planning
Hello all,

I am 25 and live near the city of Detroit, I've been an assistant coach for my former high school team for the past 4 years. I played in college and my business idea was something like personal lessons mixed with some strength training. I'm really just in the idea phase and was looking for any advice/ideas/critiques is much appreciated. I like being physically active and some days I spend more time in the gym than at my house, and just figured a sports business would fit me well.

Comments

• Options
    RadioConsultantRadioConsultant subscriber Posts: 21 Bronze Level Member
    Hi,
    the passion shines through your post, that's great!
    Actually just before starting a new business some research needs to be done. A simple SWOT analysis tell you whether it worth to start or how - even it answers the what exactly.
    In every business - including the coach (I believe) - it is needed to define the distinctiveness factor: what makes my product/service unique (and desired of course)? Does it have market potential? And after that some marketing... Is it possible to convey my message of "being unique" and is it persuasive enough? [namely cut through]
    And please be warned: when you are too close to your business/market/key activity sometimes you can not see the obvious or worse: you see things that are actually not there. Be careful, plan, and act!
    Fingers crossed,
    Best,
    Chill
    SIRSoft: Small business consulting http://www.sirsoftconsulting.com
  • Options
    businessstructureshqbusinessstructureshq subscriber Posts: 1
    Hey,

You will definitely need to build a brand as most of the summer camps are run by current NFL players or ex NFL players. So you plan on coaching you may need to start off with someone for free then hopefully they see great improvement in there game. Which would then without a doubt convince other kids to join.
    Don't forget to determine your business structure determines several important factors in the legal and business world. Good Luck and don't be afraid to ask for help, all someone can say is no.

http://www.businessstructurehq.com