WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Website review - BannerView.com

BriGuyBriGuy subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Website Critique
Hi all,

We've had our new responsive designed website up and running for about three months. I really appreciate any insight on performance, especially on mobile devices.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    designleapdesignleap subscriber Posts: 1
    Brian,

From your homepage it's really not clear what you're offering. The image keeps changing and the text over it is hard to read (I'm on the iPad). You have a big call to action button, but it's not clear what will happen when I click it. May be a better call to action would be "get started with a 30 day free trial" or something to that effect.

I'm in the web design business and I've never heard of BannerOS, so an average business owner will need more info as well. Perhaps an intro video about what that is. When reading the website address, I thought that I will find a website that sells or makes banners.

Hope that helps,

-Yiana
    www.DesignLeap.net
  • Options
    AberitAberit subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    Designleap gives you good tips: for me the name BannerOS also sounds like the company which creates banners.
  • Options
    BriGuyBriGuy subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the feedback. I do need to work with our developers in creating a much more readable experience on tablet.

Interestingly, before I came to the company, they had multiple entities and BannerView was the division that created banners. When they found the multiple directions unproductive they shut down everything else and used BannerView for the web development side.

We've gotten the "do you create banners" question often, making me think maybe the name has been a distraction.