WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

No Time for Sales

digitalsamdigitalsam subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Sales
I have what I feel is a solid business startup. I am a graphic designer with contacts in the print industry and am working on creating a monthly or bi-monthly direct mailer coupon book. I feel that I am priced competitively with other local options and offer an upscale product to what is currently available.
My problem? I work full time and only have free time in the evenings (great for design work, bad for sales work)
I have set this business up so that there is not upfront cost. I secure the ads, collect the money, print and mail, repeat. I do not have cash to pay a sales person.
Can anyone offer ideas on how I can get the sales work done?
I can pay 15% commission for a sales person (roughly $50 per ad sold), but I need to have a minimum of 20 ads sold before I break even. And I cannot pay until I have collected for the ads. I am planning on mailing to all 15k homes in the city.

Comments

• TheStreetTeamTheStreetTeam subscriber Posts: 3
    Bro, here's the thing. I was talking to my friend about this, it was offline work. I tell him okay, here's what I don't like and I tell him I don't like to talk to people, approach people. He said you don't have to do that, just go hire someone and tell them how you want it done and he'll close for you and all you have to do is sit back and watch the money go. That's so true. I hope it helps you.
  • CharlotteMichaelsonCharlotteMichaelson subscriber Posts: 0

Why don't you check this article about Deskgod http://inventures.eu/deskgod-goes-to-silicon-valley . We've been working with them for almost a year. It is a web-sales automation platform which optimizes and automates the web sales process. Recently they developed a trigger live chat system to track visitors when browsing different pages on your website and based on what pages they are looking at and how much time they spend, the systems shows a specific message that makes them go to another page, etc.

The platform eliminates a big part of the sale work.

Besides that, now they make hugeeeee discounts for StartUps. 

• CherylHeppardCherylHeppard subscriber Posts: 0
    Put your services on a website like Elance.com, Odesk.com, they get the customers for you and only take 10%.