WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Need help with business name

hellohello subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2015 in Business Planning
I need help with a business name! 
I am a powerseller and registered selling assistant on ebay and have been selling on ebay for 9 years mostly my own items of old and historic newspapers, maps, prints and engravings. I realize how important it is to diversify my products so I have been listing items for friends such as Motorcycles, Rolex and antiques.
I would like to put an ad in the local newspaper to sell items on consignment for others. I have read several books on selling items on consignment on ebay. Since I live in an area with many lakes one idea is "Lake Region Online Auctions" but it doesn`t mention anything about my specialty of old/historic newspapers and maps.
Any suggestions for a business name/branding would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Thanks!

Comments

• hellohello subscriber Posts: 1
     Thank you very much for your input on trying to figure out a business name!
    I feel the outstanding feedback/integrity I have on my present site is a big advantage when selling on ebay so I think it is best to keep just one business. My seller user ID on ebay is nls  You can read all about my services and products I provide. 
    I was also solicited by a business in Australia to help "brand" my business and come up with a business logo and iprove my ebay store and listings. They however wanted $500 to start and $500 when complete. My big hold-up now is coming up with a business logo/name!
    Although I plan to continue to list my own items (Antique/historic newspapers, engravings and maps) I realize there is a huge market in consigning items for others.
    I have listed many different items already for friends and acquaintances but if I want to put an ad in the local paper for such a service I think I need a business name. 
    Thanks again for your replies and hope to hear from you again!

• charles789charles789 subscriber Posts: 0
    I really like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage! Keep up the superb works guys I've you guys to blogroll.Java professional Training is something many people seek through coaching. Many neighborhood universities and some regional high educational institutions offer knowledge programs and coaching to guide people who want further coffee profession opportunities through Java Professional Training.

Java Training in delhi | Professional Training | online Tutorial
  • asadkhanasadkhan subscriber Posts: 1
    Try using copyshoppy.com to host a contest for your business name
  • jasonburtonjasonburton subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Choosing a business name isn't always and easy task, seeking experts advice just like at http://eatmywords.com/tips/choosing-a-naming-firm/ is likely your best resort in order to get the right one and bring your business a good and positive outcome. There are also books of business naming and even company naming that will give you unique and quality ideas in choosing the right name
  • DollarchapDollarchap subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Naming a business is not difficult. You only need to be creative. You can use any of the following methods:
    -Forming a name by combining words
    -By omitting letter(s) from a word
    -By reversing the spelling of a name or word
    Meanwhile, there are other advice on this from different people at http://www.businessinfohub.com/category ... -business/
    Meanwhile, everything comes back to how you want to brand your business.
  • LiamReidLiamReid subscriber Posts: 0
    I would stick to the basics.
    Short and memorable name! Proper company identification; and last but not least a unique name, it is a bit of a cliche, but it is quite important.