WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Adam Roseman & Reasons Why It is Important to Study Business

AdamRoseAdamRose subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2013 in Business Planning
My name is Adam Roseman. Today I would like to talk to you about why it’s important to study business. First of all. knowledge of business helps you to become a more knowledgeable consumer and to market yourself effectively. Studying business allows you to understand strategy, marketing and managing people. We can choose to study the business elements in various fields, from finance to marketing to information systems, and we can combine our business studies with our own area of interest, whether it be science, arts, law etc. With a business education, you are given tools that will allow you to:

analyze problems, use your judgement and make decisions.

strengthen your interpersonal communication skills.

interact and manage effectively.

As for me, I’ve always been interested in innovation and entrepreneurship -- and I think they go hand in hand -- because I like the challenges and creativity inherent in business. I think if you are an optimistic thinker, self-motivated,  can inspire others, and have the ability to make decisions, you can become a successful entrepreneur. I was a regular speaker on various topics to entrepreneurs and became an active member of several professional organizations. I began my career in the Corporate Finance Department at Autodesk Inc. Then, I served as an Investment Banker at the Mergers & Acquisitions practice of Barrington Associates, where I gained a lot of experience from various banking sectors. I was a member at Lehman Brothers’s Global Investment Banking Group, and I  joined various communities, including the Board of Governors of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County and Big Boys Men’s Camp. There were always risks involved in every new step I took, but there are simple few ideologies that I always keep in my mind and followed. I also followed articles, blogs, and business news to keep up-to-date about the business strategies and trends.

Entrepreneurship is no easy road. Even when you have a well-drafted plan, a talented team, funds to execute your business, you are always going to be face challenges and success is never guaranteed. Global competition, return to the investor, lack of support, and other challenges will always lie ahead. Sometimes you feel defeated, especially when you aren’t seeing the results that you want to see. It’s obvious that business takes time and much effort to grow. However, if you’re willing to take the risk and put in the work to overcome the challenges, the payoff can be great and you can find the utmost satisfaction in your work.

For aspiring entrepreneurs and everyone else, please feel free to comment and add your own insights!

Comments