WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Live Chat Feature

mrsatwoodmrsatwood subscriber Posts: 1
I`m interested in getting some feedback from businesses that use the
live chat feature. How long have you used it? Do you feel that it has
helped with customer service needs? Do you feel that it`s helped out
with improving sales on your site? Do you run the live chat 24 hrs a
day or at scheduled times daily? Any and all feedback would be much
appreciated!

Comments

• JasonGJasonG subscriber Posts: 8
    Live chat works for any site.  This one, to me, is a no brainer because it`s like having a brick and mortar store.  When you walk into a store, sure you know what`s in there, but you at least expect someone to ask you if you need help.  The same goes for a "virtual store or site".  We utilize an free open-source live chat system(many out there).  When customers visit the site, after about 60 seconds an embeded pop-up displays asking the customer if they need help.  We also give them the option to speak with a live representative on our contact us page.  To answer your questions:

How long have we used it for?  about 2 years
    Do we feel that it has helped out with improving sales on our site?  Yes
    Do we run live chat 24hrs or scheduled times?  Scheduled times, and depending on how busy I am, I will have it open while working on other things at night.

• BJ_CBJ_C subscriber Posts: 2
    Live chat improve your customer service. It is very useful when the customer has questions and they can get your reply very quickly. I think the customers like the websites which offers the better service.