WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Web Site re-do; Book keeping resource for the price of a Latte

danr2danr2 subscriber Posts: 2
edited May 2007 in Website Critique
Hi, We incorpoarated feedback we got from many sources.  Please review the results and let us know what you think!
Our ASP rovides business form templates (e.g. invoices) to companies that seek only to use a browser with their internet access. These templates can be customized with logos, and converted to PDF and saved locally for FREE. Prices available for storing online. We are looking for real feedback  Please view this at http://www.meyewerx.com</A> There is a demo account to try it.

Comments

• ZaiZai subscriber Posts: 2
    I`ve not seen the old site - but the design on this one does not catch my attention - its to bland. The second graphic also freaked me out.
    As nhgnikole stated - "Best Viewed by" is not very appealing.

• Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    I didn`t see the brain graphic that freaked everyone out. Just as well I suppose.I really like how you implemented the `try it free` button on the landing page. It is a very strong call to action and I would wager you have a good click through rate for it. However, there is a critical disconnect on the following page. It just wasn`t obvious to me that these were interactive forums; or what my options were. I suppose the easiest way for you to fix this would be to change the hyperlinks for each form to underlined blue.
  • danr2danr2 subscriber Posts: 2
    Thanks for the comments.
    The burning question I have is "Is the starter price right?".  $3.85 per month.  The price of a happy meal.  For the price of a happy meal, folks can customize business forms like invoices, quotes, and work orders with logos and convert them to pdf and download them. 
    Is that worth a happy meal a month?  Feed back is greatly appreciated.

• InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    I don`t know if the price is right or not. I can recommend a great [ but hefty ] pricing book if you`re interested.
    How did you come up with this price? Is it arbitrary? Is it based on some rational assessment of your costs? Price is not the same cost.
  • danr2danr2 subscriber Posts: 2
    Pricing:
    We looked at similar offerings (feature set and price) on the internet.  We then compared our offering and discounted based on features we didn`t have.  Finally we looked at our cost and set a reasonable return objective.
    We wanted to enable people to create an account without entering a credit card.  Billing only happens when 1) account has been used to save forms and 2) a new month starts.  My friends and I have at least one happy meal a week and hit Starbucks every other day.  Our objective was to provide basic back office services for the price of a happy meal. Thus the price.  We`ve got some folks using it but not what we thought.  We are putting some web trending in place to see what the conversion rate is. 

• InactiveMemberInactiveMember subscriber Posts: 12
    Interesting. I`m not sure what so say about your pricing method. It sounds reasonable but I cannot imagine that this is going to produce any significant revenue unless you really hit some big numbers. The site itself isn`t bad but it could use better copywriting, perhaps a better communication strategy. At any rate, keeping the discussion on pricing, I think your price is reasonable assuming you can make the numbers needed to hit revenue targets.