WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Multiple Vendors - AGHH!

maumeegeeksmaumeegeeks subscriber Posts: 1
Hello -
I`m new here, and after searching the forum, I`m not sure of the proper `keywords` to find what I need....
I run a computer repair business out of my home (full time).  I have multiple vendors/distributors which carry similar items.  I get a data feed from my main suppliers, like CSV file, or XML file.
I am looking for some software that can help me organize the chaos.  I have one stock code for myself, but I could order from two or three different vendors.  It is very time consuming to lookup on each vendors website, research, etc, just to place an order.
Does someone have a suggestion on software that can import the data, and allow me to search it so I can see things simply?  Like, "I need more style x widgets - Vendor A has them $50 / pc, Vendor B has them at $44 / pc."  Then daily or weekly, I can update the prices via the data files?
Being a home business, cost is a concern....I`m a big fan of open source if anyone knows of anything....
Thanks - 

Comments

• nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    You can set up a database in Outlook Express that will do what you want.  Or you can buy an inexpensive inventory/purchasing software that will do the same thing. 
  • maumeegeeksmaumeegeeks subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks -
    I have tried an MS Access database, but it is taking just as much time keeping up with all the different formats to my vendors.
    Could you or someone recommend an inventory/purchasing software?  I already have a POS system, which handles my inventory.
    To recap - I`m looking for a system that can organize all of my vendors catalogs, so when I need to order an item, I can see two, three, or four vendors pricing at once.
    Thanks -