WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Angel Investor Network??

UltimateRev22UltimateRev22 subscriber Posts: 3
edited September 2008 in Startup Funding
Hey guys!! Do any of you know of any great websites that cater to angel investors seeking to invest with entrepreneurs?? If so, let me know whats out there guys. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank ya much!

Comments

• UltimateRev22UltimateRev22 subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
  • paulsinghpaulsingh subscriber Posts: 0
    You can also check out the Angelsoft Network and find the clubs that are local to you.
  • startupadvicestartupadvice subscriber Posts: 0
    Look at thefunded.com to get some views on various investors
  • WillmillerWillmiller subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi,

Have a look at cmypitch.com. For investors, cmypitch.com makes the task of identifying investment opportunities much quicker, simpler and more effective. They can save valuable time by reviewing online two-minute video pitches, allowing them to not only assess the business opportunity but also the people behind the proposition – something that usually requires a time-consuming, face-to-face meeting. Pitches can be filtered by size, market sector, location and rating, and investors can receive email alerts when a new pitch is added to the site that matches their preferred criteria. Investors can also view opportunities in the business for sale channel.
    Check it out at http://cmypitch.com
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    willmiller,
    You didn`t mention that this  site is located in the UK and is for UK investors only - per the terms on your site.
    The material on this site is designed for use by professional, high net worth or sophisticated investors in the UK only and is not directed to, nor intended for distribution or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where the publication or availability of this site or such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. 
     In particular, the information herein is not for distribution and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of any offer to buy any securities in the United States ("US") to or for the benefit of any US person (being residents of the US or partnerships or corporations organised under the laws of the US). 
     If you choose to access information on this site, it is your responsibility to comply with the applicable local, national or international laws and any use of this site outside the UK is entirely at your own risk.
  • WillmillerWillmiller subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi,

Apologies - to pitch to investors you must be from the UK for the time being, although we hope to expand this model globally shortly. There are different regulations in each region which means its taking us some time to roll this out.

There is however a large amount of video content and information which you should find directly relevant and useful to finding investment. There are tips from some successful serial entrepreneurs on our ETV channel, and the information centres have further information to this end. Many of the information centre articles are also provided by US based entrepreneurs.

Regards,

Will
  • fullyfunded1fullyfunded1 subscriber Posts: 1
    UltimateRev22:
    Excellent question. There are literally dozens of sites that say they do this - but in my experience, so far, none of them seem to work. They all seemed to be designed to bypass the middleman (which is good) but the problem is that the sites seem to be filled with spammers and con artists. You should consider checking out the Angel Capital Association http://www.angelcapitalassociation.org/  They are sort of an accreditation system for Angel Capital Groups. The thing is, you don`t necessesarily want to go it alone; on of the benefits you get from being part of a group is that generally, there is some sophiostication in the group, even a financial services professional or two  - and they can help enormously with the Due Dilligence process (you WANT a financial pro as part of the process, imho. Helps mitigate the getting screwed factor). The ACA also lists every angel group in the country - but they also have a site devoted to Angel Education, and it is great. Tons of information about not getting scammed, best practices, what to expect, and a directory of service providers (like what you are looking for) etc... This should be required visiting for anyone considering throwing their hat in the ring and investing. I`ve been both an entrepreneur and an Angel. Both are hard. Beware of scams, and any website where there is a conspicuous lack of professional participation, or the whole thing is oriented toward getting you to purchase some unrelated service. Ridiculous claims, for example, while every page shows twenty google ads... I`ve even been put up on sites that I had never heard of as part of an "Investor Network" - It seems they heard I had invested in a company in the past, and they posted my email as if I was part of their service... Can u say Spam? My advice is to check out reputable organisations, see who they use, and then make your own decision. ACA is a great place to start; there are several others I`ll post when I get round to it. Hope this helps/

• deadherodeadhero subscriber Posts: 0
    IT SEEMS LIKE THE RESPONSES LEFT HERE ARE PRETTY GOOD!!

THANKS GUYS!!

CHECK US OUT AT,

www.myspace.com/deadheroclothing/

enjoy life...