WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Starting an online business

FirozFiroz subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2012 in Business Planning
Hi, I am about to start an online business where I am in discussion with some investors for seed funding. Although I could find someone ready to invest in smaller amounts, I am not sure how to negotiate with them on the ownership, and how much money I need from them for running the business.. Also I am even not able to answer when I can give them profit and what percentage. I am sure that my business will be profitable in 1.5-2 years. As per my rough calculation, I would require around $ 20,000(INR. 10,00,000) to run it for 1.5 years, and currently I cannot add anything from my pocket to that. Please help me with details like 1. How much I should collect from investors and from how many investors? 2. After which year I should share profit and what percentage? 3. How I can distribute ownership of many company with the investors and should it be directly propotional to the investment from each investor? 4. What will be the pre-money and post-money valuation of my company and how it is related to the ownership percentage? Answers would be much appreciated! Firoz CT

Comments