WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Recruting Agency Startup Advice

BigTopBigTop subscriber Posts: 4
edited November 2006 in Selecting a Business
I am currently in a traditional job in I.T. with a focus on Human Resource systems.  I am dying to start something on my own that will allow me more people time and less computer time.  I have a knack for helping folks fiind jobs and beef up their resume.I have been working with a career coach for about 10 weeks.  We have been able to determine I have a strong passion for recruiting and dovetailed with that is career coaching.  I would like to start my own recruiting agency, but I don`t have the "formal background" to do so.   I am looking for advice on getting started.  I am also wanting to bring my wife into the business.  She is an accountant.  I believe we could handle I.T., Human Resources, and Accounting recruiting.  My questions are:1.  What is the best approach to finding "customers"?  Although I consider job-seekers  as "customers", in this case I am defining customers as businesses that will pay for this service.  What approach would one take to acquire business interest?2.  Would a "home office" be a good fit for this business?  I know there will be quite a bit of initial interviews - although some agencies do not do face-to-face.  Is it professional to meet the interviewee at a coffee house, etc?3.  What are the biggest barriers to entry into this field?  Since my background is in corporate I.T., I am concerned about my background.  However, you never know until you try.Thanks,BigTop"It`s always a circus!"

Comments