WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Anyone use StumbleUpon?

ideaGENERATORideaGENERATOR subscriber Posts: 4
edited July 2007 in Marketing
I know stumbleUpon.com works well to generate traffic with humor and gaming sites... has anyone had success with their business or anything comparable? ideaGENERATOR2007-7-19 22:55:8

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Actually ideaGENERATOR... I mentioned this in an earlier post titled, "Stumble Upon a good thing!" Stumble Upon still shows good results for me considering it took about two seconds to be added to the database! I still use Stumble Upon the `channel surf.`
  • CopelandCopeland subscriber Posts: 1
    I enjoy StumbleUpon, education sites seem to come up a lot, and I`ve heard friends say they`ve had decent success with it. I think as more people use it more and more, it will only increase in usefulness.

Copeland
    ... You can set up your profile to display specific site types. For example I like to stumble onto art, science, and humor. Then there are usually sub categories in that. It`s great. I still love stumbling... I have been doing it all my life, now I can do it online!
  • JeannieJeannie subscriber Posts: 8
    My site had alot of traffic when it first got posted. It did generated business for me, but it soon tapered off after a while.  But that`s just in my case. Maybe, some others had more success with it.
    JeannieJeannie2007-7-20 20:57:18
  • ideaGENERATORideaGENERATOR subscriber Posts: 4
    Actually ideaGENERATOR... I mentioned this in an earlier post titled, "Stumble Upon a good thing!" Stumble Upon still shows good results for me considering it took about two seconds to be added to the database! I still use Stumble Upon the `channel surf.`

Sorry I missed your post.  I responded there as well.  I got the impression people were having a hard time implementing  SU into thier website.  A few got some traffic, but have a hard time finding targeted traffic. 

I really believe you need a humor or game site to find beneficial visitors through SU.  Only because there are a million people surfing those categories.  People seem to use it more for entertainment, then reasearch.  However, if you do have something beneficial to offer - those can get stumbled easier then just the main page of your business website.  People use it successfully on their blogs and that is how - providing a beneficial article.ideaGENERATOR2007-7-20 17:4:43

ideaGENERATOR
    ... It`s no problem at all, I am glad you brought the subject up again. I like StumbleUpon!