WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Independent Film/Video Production Business

brad813brad813 subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2006 in Business Planning
Does anyone know how to write a business plan for an independent film and video production business?  I know there will be special problems involved in this, but I am not sure how to work out the details.  I am well aware I should register as an LLC or Corporation because of the liability nature within the entertainment industry.
Brad

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    0HDenise... harsh, but good advice.
  • brad813brad813 subscriber Posts: 1
    Well right now I have figured out its best if I keep a small staff(maybe an assistant director and a receptionist/reader) and worry only about the on location equipment i would need regularly.  I can do the planning for film projects as I start them.
    Brad
    I am pursuing a very strong interest I have, though I do have some training in still photography.  I have thus far worked out some of the financials on equipment, as well as know I will be forming the business as an LLC or Corporation, as I know a sole proprietership or partnership would leave me too exposed in a very high liability business.  Also, I understand the permits I will have to aquire for on location shooting, which will be a must for the first movie I have planned which I will shoot a few years from now. I am currently writing the screenplay for it.  I hope this answers some of your questions.
    I know the software that is used in the industry so I at least have a start.  Thank you for your advice though.
    At the moment I am currently working on a screenplay which will be one of the first films I produce and direct as well as star in.   I also hope to purchase a video camera very soon.  Money is the main issue, even for a a consumer level camera.  I hope to resolve these problems soon.  I think once I have the money problems resolved things will start moving forward more rapidly.