WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Professional Portfolio/Photo Album

NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
edited August 2006 in Sales
Do you use a professional portfolio/photo album to help promote your business?  If so, what information did you put in it?

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Just a web page with all my current project. that was it. I send my customers a link when they request it and they can see all my projects.
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    I use my personal website also, like Nuevolution. People can find links to it on job boards and things like that.
  • drdesignsdrdesigns subscriber Posts: 1
    I use SmugMug for my on-line portfolio. I like that I can customize my
    space to look like my web site. I also use it for personal photos. It`s easy
    to keep the personal separate from the professional. There`s no size
    limits to the files uploaded, so I don`t have to worry about how much
    space I have available and I don`t have to resize anything before
    uploading.

It`s worked great for me for the past couple of years.

When I upgrade my computer in the next six months, I may compare the
    features of SmugMug to Apple`s .mac site. I have a .mac account now, but
    I only use it for FTP purposes.
  • NicoleCNicoleC subscriber Posts: 18
    Edgar, Vincent and DrDesigns,
    Thank you!  Your postings are helpful!
    Edgar, just out of curiosity, does your website have a contact management component for the ease of emailing your projects to potential clients?
    Vincent, is the linking of your site based on adwords or some other linking mechanism?  (By the way-for what it is worth, I love your website`s keyword search capabilities.)
    Dr Design, I had never heard of SmugMug before.  Thanks for the lead.
    RealtorNicole... If you like the function now, you will love it in a couple of weeks. There is a major upgrade coming that will significantly improve accurate searches. As for linking to other sites... I am not affiliated with any system except Addme.com. I paid a hundred bucks and my traffic nearly doubled as they placed me on several search engines. They also resubmit on a regular basis. I highly recommend them. Maybe someone else can list some competitors to Addme.com. I am sure they are not the only reputable company doing this.Have a wonderful day, and don`t forget to place your vote for the Elevator Pitch Contest "Pitch Off" on StartupNation Radio. Of course I want you to vote for me, but I really like haamoniismooth too. I`ll leave it up to you to decide.
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    vincent, you`re such an amazing person. so glad you`re part of all this.
    rich
    Thanks Rich. What a nice thing to say. Just like Steve said in another post... I feel like we are family.