WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Play Lotto?

misterwicks2006misterwicks2006 subscriber Posts: 11
edited December 2006 in Startup Funding
do you think its wrongto play the Lotto witha few bucks from profits?
(don`t laught!! i know of a woman whohit twice, and invested someof the winnings into husbandsservice biz!)
or would you retire if applicable?

Comments

• iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    executeksearch,OK, OK, OK. I play the lottery from time to time too. But I have to admit, it`s called the lottery, not retirement investment. Hey, executeksearch, where do I send my dollar to invest in you? When/Where will your winning numbers appear? I invested some in me, there`s no reason I shouldn`t diversify my portfolio with your brand!
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    I think people play the lottery because...1. they see people winning2. they dream to win3. only a dollar investment4. win or loose results within a couple of daysOK. That`s really the reason I play.
  • misterwicks2006misterwicks2006 subscriber Posts: 11
    40% of women play the lottery(Fact!)
  • digitalvision313digitalvision313 subscriber Posts: 3
    I`m very split about gambling, seeing both it`s difficulties and it`s benefits (it has really boosted the municipal treasury here and created alot of jobs).  I can`t say I know enough or have enough conviction on the subject one way or another, as I have friends who work in local the industry, and a family member who was hurt by it.For the most part though, the family experience with lotto was nothing more than a inexpensive hobby.  What`s interesting is everyone knew they weren`t going to win big... what happened at the family business was everyone in the truck would get a daily ticket, and it`d be much more of a family bonding thing than a winning thing (although I`ve won a few times, nothing more than enough for a few extra at the bar... ahhh, those were the days).To this day, although I don`t work there anymore, I still on occasion will plunk down a dollar.  I like iouone `s list of reasons.  They make alot of sense.
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi All
    Is anyone here interested in lotto or powerball?
    There is a fantastic money making lotto system I know of.
    Just reply here with Yes I`m Interested.
    I will email you via your member profile with details.
    This company detests spam.
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi All
    I made a doorway page for my lotto sites.
    See Banner The Syndicate Club
    http://www.aselectchoice.com.au/Gm/tattslotto.html</A>

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    My husband and i play when the "megamillions" gets so big. Not that we think that we will win but b/c it gives us something to talk about. He goes on and on about airplans and boats and I talk about all the people I could help in the world. It is just fun for us and the dollar goes to the schools and the elderly so nothing is ever lost.