WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Questions Regarding Multi Businesses Iphone Apps

adamcadamc subscriber Posts: 11
edited July 2009 in Business Planning
Hello,
Some of you may know about a two months ago I started 2nd Chance Games just buying and selling used game via Ebay, This has done fairly well and I was surprised how it was growing the biggest problem was getting inventory and the competition on Ebay. I recently decided to put it on the back burner and take some of the profits to start up a local competitive computer repair service for the area.
My questions are is it okay to put something like that on the back burner to start something brand new? I guess I feel like I am cheating and just going from business to business. But I feel this has greater potential then 2nd Chance Games especially because I am able to blew the competitions prices out of the water.
My second question is in my free time I have been busy designing an Iphone Game that I hope to get developed I was wondering if anyone on this site has had experience finding a Free Lance Coder for projects or have any knowledge on the Iphone.
Let me know!
Thanks,
Adam Czub
(Hi Rich and Craig!)

Comments

• PaperShredderGuyPaperShredderGuy subscriber Posts: 0
    Be sure you are looking for a developer that is working on 3.0 beta, as the App store is no longer taking non-3.0 compatible apps. I`m a registered developer but not taking on new projects until I finish an app I am working on.
  • iPhoneTeacheriPhoneTeacher subscriber Posts: 1
    Its extremely difficult to make a killing on the Apple Appstore -
    although it is very possible if you ensure that you take right steps...
    right from choosing your game, setting the right price to offering a
    thin free version. Competition is there as in all areas - but you need
    to get the right recipe. Its not too late at all to jump in...although
    I would suggest you try and juggle both the initiatives that you
    currently have.If you want to Learn iPhone Programming - check out the iPhone course offered by EDUmobile.ORG
  • ElementalUnityElementalUnity subscriber Posts: 3
    Wow I just read about an article about iPhone Apps that might make you think twice before going this route.  Simply put VERY FEW applications have a large user base.  Read the article, it is from Mashable a few highly respected site on all things Social Media and iPhone.  http://mashable.com/2009/06/25/iphone-apps-admob/ElementalUnity6/26/2009 1:05 PM
  • grm0002grm0002 subscriber Posts: 0
    I am using Contact Hero.
    This
    business iPhone app is more than just a contact manager and online
    address book.
    You can collect, merge, organize and manage all your
    contacts from various contact management systems, such as Outlook,
    Gmail, or Yahoo!.
    You can manage your list of calls to make, keep a
    list of contacts you have made, and keep a detailed list of contact
    history for each contact.
    Gentlerain Marketing