WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Survey: Which 3rd Party Payment Processor Do You Use?

DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
edited August 2009 in Marketing
I`m in the process of compiling customer review information for my new website, Reviews-by-Customers.com.  I`d like to get your honest feedback on the following, popular 3rd party payment processors:

1. Paypal

2. ClicKBank

3. 2Checkout

4. ibill

5. ccnow

If you use another 3rd party processor not listed here, feel free to give your honest feedback on it. Please be as specific as possible. Explain in detail what you like or don`t like about your 3rd party payment processor, and if you`d recommend it.
I will be using select reviews from this survey on my new website, Reviews-by-Customers.com,  which I expect to be quite popular. So, if you`d like free publicity for your business, be sure to include your full name and the URL of your business with your feedback.

By the way, I`ll be launching my new website later this fall. Thank you in advance for your participation.
David Jackson
DavidJackson8/11/2009 6:52 PM

Comments

• VannieVannie subscriber Posts: 0
    I use PayPal. I have used this payment processor for many years now. Originally I signed up with PayPal because I was buying from online marketer`s who used them. It was the only way I could pay other than using money order. I now use it to accept payments as well and have an account under my business name. I think it is excellent for accounts payable and receivable. 

I have never had a problem with PayPal and don`t mind paying the very small % to make things easier for my customers (and myself). However, I do not like the fairly new e-check system, I believe that is what it is called. I have added a credit card to my profile so my payment will be accepted immediately, instead of waiting for several days to be processed by my bank. I used to write movie reviews for now defunct site, I was paid through PayPal, it was instant payment work my work.
  • DavidJacksonDavidJackson subscriber Posts: 143 Silver Level Member
    Vannie, this is exactly the type of detailed feedback that I was looking for. Thank you! Anyone else want to give feedback on Paypal,  or any other 3rd party processor?

David Jackson
    Corte Swearingen, thanks for the feedback about PayPal, and Google Checkout! I agree with you. I`m not impressed with Google Checkout either. Customers having to register before they can complete their order is a dealbreaker. Your feedback will be very helpful to visitors of my new website.

Thanks again!

David Jackson
    DavidJackson8/12/2009 7:08 PM
    We`re using a combination. We have PrestoSell for our invoicing system, and we offer both PayPal and Google Checkout. (I didn`t see that listed as an option.)

Thank you, Craig! This is very helpful. I didn`t list Google Checkout as an option, because the five third party payment processors I listed came out ahead in my popularity survey. Depending on the results of this survey, GC could very well make the top five in customer satisfaction, which is the factor my new "review" website will be built on.

David Jackson
    DavidJackson8/13/2009 6:12 PM
    Thanks, Michelle! Out of the three, which one do you like best and why?

David Jackson
    Thanks, Desiree!

David Jackson

Please be as specific as possible. Explain in detail what you like or don`t like about your 3rd party payment processor, and if you`d recommend it.Be sure to include your full name and the URL of your business with your feedback. Thank you. David Jackson

DavidJackson8/18/2009 9:17 PM