WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Wedding Planning/ Planner

SolaceSolace subscriber Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2012 in Selecting a Business
I am currently engaged and is in the process of planning my wedding.  Alot of the wedding planner books i see online has to do with the UK and the USA nothing on the Caribbean.  So the idea came to me about doing my own wedding planner book. Which is really interesting. And I just have the idea of being a wedding planner part time. Are there any wedding planners here that can guide me in one way or another.
I will love to hear your ideas, pros and cons. 
Also if there is anything anyone will like to see in a wedding planner book then let me know and i can add it to mine.  Hopefully it will help anyone here who will be getting married or anyone else for that matter.
There will be tips, general information and worksheets.  I am also thinking about adding a vendors list from diffrent countries.  So if there are florist and the other "what have yous" for weddings then let me know and i will add you to the vendor lists.
Thak You
Solace
PS. All ideas and opinions welcome.  Also if you have a wedding to plan and you are doing it yourself and you need some help I will be willing to help you even if it`s just to help you put your ideas in one place or to bring them together.Solace9/5/2008 7:03 PM

Comments

• itsinsthdetailsitsinsthdetails subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Solace,

I had a destination wedding and wanted a local resource to answer questions about vendors, photographers, etc...  I used the knot.com but I would have loved a local "consultant," as I wanted to plan the details myself but would have liked to have a contact with a professional that knew the ins and outs of what I was interested in.  That may be an option for you.

Another option, may be to do a quarterly publication that you have advertisers pay your "salary" and all publication costs and offer the publication to brides for a nominal fee.

Hope those suggestions help!
    itsinsthdetails9/6/2008 6:12 PM
  • SolaceSolace subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you Craig.
    I see what you mean about the part time wedding planner.
    But about the business for wedding planner books I will go with that one.  First I will start with one for my island then I will go for the wider caribbean.
    I would like too know more about the B2B can`t remember hearing of that term before.
    Thank you.
  • SolaceSolace subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks itsinthedetails
    Those ideas u give me are even more for me to consider.
    A section on photographers, vendors, florists, videographers etc.
    Sorry I wasn`t there yet to help you.
  • weddealsweddeals subscriber Posts: 0
    hope this help good luck on your wedding wedding planner
  • themyweddingthemywedding subscriber Posts: 1 Member

Nice post, but if you want to see tips for wedding planning then I will recommend you to search the my wedding.