WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Question?

SiouxzanneSiouxzanne subscriber Posts: 5
edited February 2008 in Protecting Your Ideas
Hello,

Hoping some one can help me with a question. I am working on a idea for a new product and I am not sure if I will have legal issues or not. I do not want to say to much has I am still working on it but here is the basic.

The product is custom made to each order so is not mass produced and it uses rubbings that I do of Hollywood Walk of Fame Stars. Is it O.K. for me to make money on the use of the rubbings form the stars that are lining the streets in Hollywood?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Siouxzanne

Comments

• Options
    Victor363Victor363 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hey Siouxzanne,
    I`m even less of an attorney than Craig is; but personally, I don`t think its
    much of a risk. However, I am somewhat biased here because I live just a few
    blocks away from Hollywood blvd - the street with all the stars.
    Seriously, Hollywood blvd is probably the most photographed and sat on sidewalk
    in the united states. Someone is always posing for a picture next to their
    favorite star, or seeing which actor`s hand size is a closest match to their
    own. Its a huge tourist attraction.
    I`m sure businesses have already made money by exploiting the stars on the
    sidewalk. Before hiring a lawyer, I recommend scoping out some of the gift
    shops in the area, scrutinizing their merchandise for something similar.
    Best regards,
    Victor
    Have you scoped the
    Personally,
    victor3632/7/2008 7:25 AM