WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Advice needed on "green" business name

HomePerformanceHomePerformance subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2017 in Environmental
I am doing an energy auditing startup. I really really need help on the name!
http://www.startupnation.com/forums/14446/1/1#PID0
All advice appreciated.

Comments

• nri1937nri1937 subscriber Posts: 0
    01/02/09
    What area of the energy audit will you focus on: Residential, commercial, other...
    It seems to me that the name should nsomehow reflect the business focus. nri1937
  • ticktubesticktubes subscriber Posts: 1
    I will be doing residential at first and the long term goal is commercial. The "entry" for residential is much more straightforward, as the process and education/certification are pretty well defined. For commercial, in the long term you need PE license - which I don`t have yet.
    I am looking at a name like ____ Energy Conservation Solutions.
  • ticktubesticktubes subscriber Posts: 1
    About the business - I go into peoples homes and do combustion safety testing. Then, I  use diagnostic equipment (a Minneapolis blower door) to find out where heated air leaks out of the house - and to find the amount of total leaks. I make detailed suggestions to the homeowners about do-it-yourself and professional solutions to reduce their energy bills.
    My goal is a 10% reduction with DIY work and 30% or more with professional work. I do not personally do the energy upgrades - just give impartial advice on what needs to be done.
  • NedBarrowsNedBarrows subscriber Posts: 0
    Sound like a good Idea. What is you pricing range? Will you only do or commercial too? Do you are you certified, guaranteed, insured? I really do think you have a  great idea, I`m just adding some suggestions. I wish you best of luck! Sorry I`m not very imaginative, I`ll work on a green name suggestion.
    Best Regards
    Ned BarrowsNedBarrows1/16/2009 12:34 PM
  • AD2JAYAD2JAY subscriber Posts: 0
    I am in the same sitation with my business a biomass pellet mill. Iknow its a green business but I cant think of a green name that says pellet manufacturing??????  But for yours and not mine cause that seems easier lol  HEAT SAVERS Energy Conservation Solutions. Well just thinking outload hope you can go from there.
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    The impact on search engine rankings of changing your business name and the necessary efforts to re-brand all of your online. green business practices won't only lighten your impact .Network with them and use their services when you need them name from the Direct Marketing Association's member prospect list.
  • Steffi DsouzaSteffi Dsouza subscriber Posts: 98 Silver Level Member
    With so many products and services to choose from, it has never been more important to differentiate yourself from the competition.
    The following are some simple steps you and your company can take today to save money and decrease its impact on the planet.
    1. Switch to post-consumer waste (PCW)
    2. Use biodegradable cleaners
    3. Green Your Beauty Routine.
    4. Use compact-fluorescent (CFL)
    5. Replace outdated appliances with their greener counterparts.
    By following the simple tips above you can cut thousands of dollars off your bills and make yourself more attractive to eco-conscious consumers. No matter which of these steps you have taken, make sure to tell clients about what you are doing by creating an environmental mission statement or green practices section of your website, and by including any badges or certificates you earn on your site as well.