WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Peo Or Employee Leasing For My Business?

TerryJunkyardTerryJunkyard subscriber Posts: 1
Actually, those were some of my concerns when looking at this arrangement.  The truth is that I dont actually fire them.  It is all in the wording.  What happened is that this company "Co-employeed" them.
As far as employee moale and loyalty, the feedback has been good thousfar.  The employees now have access to major medical plans and 401k.  I was not able to offer this before.
The reason I am posting here is because I keep looking for the hook because it almost seems too good to be true, but so far no one has any negatives.

Comments

• Options
    tiedye2000tiedye2000 subscriber Posts: 0
    I wouldn`t thing this would be good for morale or employee loyalty, although I do see the benefit for the company financially.  Folks don`t like to be fired, no matter what or who will take them once it`s done.  It`s also a bad thing for their resumes unless you call it something like downsizing or a layoff.
  • Options
    tiedye2000tiedye2000 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hit the button too soon, what I meant to say was -  May also open you up for a wrongful
    termination suit.
  • Options
    flipitflipit subscriber Posts: 0
    Dear Jerry Junkyard, Thanks for the info. I am just setting up my own business and I wouldnt have to layoff anyone. Good luck.
    Flip-It
  • Options
    TerryJunkyardTerryJunkyard subscriber Posts: 1
    OK, I have been using PML`s professional employer organization (PEO) services now since Oct of 2006.  I am vary happy thous far despite my initial scheptisism.  My workers comp rates have been lowered.  My payroll is a sinch and their staff of HR experts are exceptional.
    One thing that I didnt expect when going into this type of arrangement was the plethra of health benefits available.  They have 11 large group health programs and each employee can pick a different plan.  Truely Awsome.
    Just FYI for users following this thread.
    Terry
  • Options
    timothyhadltimothyhadl subscriber Posts: 0
    This idea is not much employee friendly, however company can make good profitability.Choice is all yours.
    _____________peo services