WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Looking for Feedback

JuvenesseJuvenesse subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2007 in Website Critique
Please visit my website at www.juvenesse.com</A>.  We still need to finish cleaning up some of the images, adding the last few photo`s etc.,
I look forward to all comment and critique.  thanks!

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Using a flash banner/header can be an effective way to communicate a marketing message and set the tone of the website or web page. However, as has been posted there can be some negatives - not allowing some control by the viewer.
    In your case, while I may prefer not to have sound... the biggest problem with your flash banner is... it keeps repeating the same message. You should have it play once to a conclusion - that conclusion being your main marketing message.
    You could also, use a static header like those on your other pages.. those can be as effective in communicating your message.
    Your site does lack some things important for search engine placement. A meta description - important for Google. You should annd alt image text for all images on your site. Also, since your site uses java for the menu, those links may not be indexed see your texted cache: .com/&hl=en&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-43,GGLD:en&strip= 1
    The geotrust seal, while good to show... shsould be moved to the bottom of the page rather than take up space in the header.
    ~Roland
  • ToddFToddF subscriber Posts: 3
    I would suggest ditching the top banner images all together across the entire site. If you really want an Image place it in the body area. Doing this will bring the Nav up to where people expect it to be. It also took me a while to find the special promos section, I`d like to see a sale section on the homepage as well to pull people directly into the cart. Make your logo link to the home page.
  • JuvenesseJuvenesse subscriber Posts: 2
    Thank you for all the valuable feedback.  A some comments:
    I echo what is said about the audio and we had quite lengthy discussion about its usefullness.  We decided to go with it largely because it is a one of a kind piece that lends itself to our branding efforts.  That said, we will make it easier to turn off.  Also we agree with the comment about the geotrust seal.
    As a quick background point, one of our unique selling propositions is our strong tie to social responsibility and particularly the Peace Journey.  Hence, the tag Skin That Cares.   In a subtle way we are trying to complement our current customer base with other like minded socially responsible people (which since we have started this seems to be pretty effective).   Given that there is a tradeoff between design elements, load times using flash etc., we have consciously chosen to somewhat encumber pure selling tactics in favor of image, branding, style and feel.  In this light, the comment about whether this is skin care, new age or therapy could not have been more perfect since this is the perception in people we are trying to achieve.
    None of the site has been prepped for SEO so far.  We are currently in the process of doing all of this work and this will be included within the next 30 days.
    I very much appreceiate all of you taking the time to give us feedback and we encourage any other to comment further.  Thank You.
    Randy