WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Any ideas for improvment to my site.

InnovativeInnovative subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2006 in Website Critique
Greeting,
I`ve had this site up for a year and have modified it many times as new projects have been completed. Is it a good idea to have links to my customers sites?  I figured it would establish credibility with potential customers. Now I`m starting to wonder if it could expose my client list to industry competitors.  Another thing I`ve considered is "Do I need to at more text?" Any criticism would be appreciated
Thank you,
Todd
www.innovative-accents.com</A> 
  Innovative2006-12-12 1:4:26

Comments

• ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Layout would certainly be an issue, I had similar problems with the mass of images laid out on top of one another.  I`d rather see it as a portfolio that I could sequentially go through, with some description or other information that adds weight to the work.On the design side, you can`t have your only navigation at the bottom of the page - I don`t want to have scroll to the bottom of every page to access more navigation options, that`s a site design no-no.  In addition, I found some pages where some of the options were turned off.There are things that simply work online - going with a top left aligned logo with navigation below it, and the rest of your content below that would be a vast improvement.  That, combined with what Craig and I have said about presentation of the images, should move you ahead of where you are now.
  • ChuckChuck subscriber Posts: 6
    Andre got me thinking about starting from scratch - one route you might want to go is relaunching your site using a blogging platform.  You could install Wordpress or a similiar system on your site, and you`d have an instant dynamic content management system in place (at no cost), and since you clearly have an expertise in this area and new projects all the time (think photo blog), there would seem to be plenty of fodder for this type of set up.  Just another approach you might take.Chuck2006-12-12 12:44:13
  • InnovativeInnovative subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the input. It helps to have an "outsiders" view. I`ll get to work puting your ideas to play and re-submit for further evaluation.
    Thanks,
    Todd

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Hi Todd,
    If you would like some help. I am willing to give you a hand. I create web sites as part of my company. I can help you with a few web pages or so at no cost. My company web site is at www.klanco.com</A> .I think that you can really make what you do shine with a professionally pulled together web site. I hate to see anyone stalled for success when they just need a little help. you may email me from my company site if you would like help. Erin
  • exinthecityexinthecity subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi there. Ok this an industry I know very little about - so my head may not be in the same place as the type of customer you are attracting. I actually come to think of it, don`t know what it is exactly that you are selling...so perhasp have a page that lays out categories of products and then have the pictures behind on another page..or perhaps use thumbnails that are smaller and can be expanded by clicking on them. The pictures really overwhelm the page in my opinion...good luck with everthing!
  • stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    I have time after December 26th to work on a design for you. If you can list styles you like, even an example of a web site or two, i can work it up for you and upload to my test server to see what you think, and if you like it, it is yours. I am slow this week, programmers are off and i would love to help you out. let me know. my web site is listed above, www.klanco.com</A>, you can use the contact form, or call our business line. Erin