WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Deciding on a Business

derickcoleman73derickcoleman73 subscriber Posts: 2
edited July 2008 in Business Planning
Been thinking of putting up a business for over a year now.  But i really find it hard to choose what my business should be.  I just feel that somehow that my business concept that ill be having will somehow fail.  Hope you guys could give some business ideas...

Comments

• tonyharris73tonyharris73 subscriber Posts: 0
    Why do you think your concept will fail. If you`re going to make it in business you should have a "no quit" and "failure is not an option" mentality
  • StartUpSmartStartUpSmart subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi,

Belief in yourself is a critical competency for any entrepreneur. So what if you do fail? It`s only a failure if you don`t try (sounds corny but true). Let me just say that every start-up fails or better yet has "failures." It`s how you handle those failures and then make the changes necessary that will shape your success.

Do your homework prior to opening the business and don`t go it alone!

Good luck!
  • tonyharris73tonyharris73 subscriber Posts: 0
    Information is really very powerful. Thank you guys for giving me some good advice and ideas about starting up a business. I did go to some other forums, especially forums for business people like http://www.schmoozii.com and www.linkedin.com..These sites as well as startupnation have greatly help me understand things about business.