WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New website review

GetAGripGetAGrip subscriber Posts: 14
edited June 2007 in Website Critique
I must really like torture after reading all of the negatives for the last review.
But mine only has a good looking guy on it.(It`s me!!!)
Nikole, I know you already gave me your feedback, sorry for running it again.
I appreciate everyone`s honesty!!
www.3rproducts.com</A>

Comments

• bertbert subscriber Posts: 12
    Web site looks nice and I like it and your product idea seems good too.  I think you need to consider a couple of things that should be done for all web sites.
  • GetAGripGetAGrip subscriber Posts: 14
    Bert,  Thanks for the input.  I guess I don`t know the right avenue for selling on the web.  If you hae suggestions, that is why I am here.  We do offer dircet sales on our website, however they are phone orders only.
    I am going to work on doing some of the stuff you suggested in the mean time and I welcome any of your advise on selling on the web.  We do have them on ebay and a google search brings up the ebay and our website.
    Thanks again, Trent
  • GetAGripGetAGrip subscriber Posts: 14
    Thanks for all of the great information.  You guy`s have really shown me a great deal here.
    Thanks again and keep the great advice coming.
  • jimnewman75jimnewman75 subscriber Posts: 8
    Trent - have you considered using PayPal?   I`m still in the process of building our website, so we`re starting with PayPal (www.paypal.com</A>) and if future sales growth justifies it, then we`ll move to a more robust solution -- something like Quickbooks that will easily interface with our Quickbooks accounting software.Your site is very clean, attractive -- good format and good choice in color scheme (bright, bold) ... I think this has the makings of a good business venture!!  jimnewman752007-6-29 16:25:31
  • WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I would suggest unique titles and keywords in your meta tags for each page.Also, link exchanges with related sites would help, such as pick-up sites, tool sites, etc, to generate more traffic.Otherwise, nice looking site and easy to navigate.
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I`d think twice about using paypal as a payment processor.  You cannot edit the checkout page.I use PayPal - why would I want to edit the checkout page?
  • jimnewman75jimnewman75 subscriber Posts: 8
    How is Google Checkout different from PayPal?   I took a quick look at it and it seems no better than PayPal -- and PayPal offers an array of processing tools like the Virtual Terminal.And what do you mean by "you can`t edit the checkout page"?  The checkout page on PayPal is "customized" to the point of having your company name in the header of the page without giving the customer the feel of "PayPal".