WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What Makes Your Feel Good About Your Business Today?

PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
edited March 2007 in Public Relations
Hi Fellow Entrepreneurs,
We tend to spend a lot of time worrying about finances, customers, products, services, and other negative aspects of growing a new business. I have an idea.
Let`s take a moment each day to think about one good thing about our business.
Think of it as an internal promotion to keep you energized about what you are doing.
For example, today I feel good about my business because... I set my own hours.
Why are you happy to be an entrepreneur, or what energizes you about your business?
Melanie

Comments

• JoetheRoadWarriorJoetheRoadWarrior subscriber Posts: 2
    Melanie, great idea for a post!
    I am most happy about my business by "giving back to the area of my birth to make a difference". I was born/raised in the City of Pontiac, MI (many years ago!). As an example, I spent last Thursday-Saturday working with high school students at Oakland School`s (MI) Global Trade Mission 2007 as a Cultural Ambassador (representing the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia), a Business Coach and Project Evaluator. On Thursday, I even had time to be Keynote Speaker to a group of Engineers at a local technical university.
    Isn`t life grand!!!! A great and successful week to all.
  • PRProPRPro subscriber Posts: 25
    Don`t you feel better already?
    Anyone else?
    Melanie
    Great job everyone!
    Today, I feel good about my business because right now I only take on new clients who help others in some way.
    Melanie
  • omupasomupas subscriber Posts: 7
    Today I feel good about my business because I was reminded of my business strategy to work on business relationships and working on smaller margins rather than just selling my services.  I helped a business owner save $2000/year on his credit card processing.  He appreciated the time I took to work with him and help him understand his account better and in return he gave me 3 referrals of people he thought I could help out, which will turn into additional opportunities for me.
    Oliver
    Good job Oliver!
    I`m happy about my business because it gives me the feeling that the sky`s the limit. Since it`s my time and business, I can take it anywhere I`d like to at the pace I set!
    Melanie
  • CollegeCoachCollegeCoach subscriber Posts: 8
    I am happy about my business because I am helping young adults to lay the foundation to achieve their dreams.
  • TheBackupManTheBackupMan subscriber Posts: 0
    Great subject Melanie!
    I feel good about being able to help businesses and organizations put a service in place that will help them stay around if something terrible happens to their computers.  I have had several of my clients express their relief that their computer data is backed up automatically and secured.
  • TheBackupManTheBackupMan subscriber Posts: 0
    jillybeans,
    I friend of mine is dealing with a website designer that has been a nightmare to work with.  After hearing her story, I can only imagine how frustrating it can be just to get a new site launched!

• eventbrandereventbrander subscriber Posts: 6
    I`m happy my website is done and everyone is finding it easy to use. I`ve had a lot of compliments lately so it`s feeding me some well needed energy to keep pressing on.
  • blondieblueblondieblue subscriber Posts: 9
    I`m a little lost here ... help me out.
    The title of this thread is ...
    What Makes Your Feel Good About Your Business Today?
    Hmmmm .... maybe I look at this a little different than others ... but ...
    if I need my business to help me feel good , then something is wrong here.
    IMHO, the success of the business is driven by the strengths, determination, skills, resourcefulness, inovation, ability to "think out side the box", and business savy of myself and my team.
    How the business makes us feel is irrelevant. The "business" is designed to produce a profit ... first and foremost. It is not designed as some "self-help" venture designed to make me or my team feel better about ourselves.
    The "how we feel" stuff comes from success in the market place ... and without that ... why bother?
     IMHO, winning is being in first place at the end of the race .... and nothing less!! (How I feel about myself during the "race" is insignificant.)
    Hi BlondieBlue,
    Thanks for your input. I think everyone has a different feeling about their business.
    As you know, it can be challenging to start and grow your own business, and sometimes it`s easy to focus solely on the stressful items instead of remembering how far you`ve come. Basically, this thread was started just to let people take a moment to think about their accomplishments with their business.
    It sounds like your business is doing well and you should be congratulated for your hard work!
    Have a great day!
    Melanie
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    I certainly don`t need my business to feel good about myself - but I`d much rather be doing something I really enjoy (and have good feelings about) than be one of the numerous people I know who constantly bitch and moan about their daily work or business efforts.My work allows me to set my own hours, meet and work with incredible people, be creative and truly enjoy what I am doing on a daily basis, contribute to the success of other businesses and causes dear to my heart, work from wherever I may be at the time - and spend time playing in the dirt of my garden.  No complaints here!Have a fan-frickin`-tastic day all!- J.