WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Looking for a new host.

TimWhiteknightTimWhiteknight subscriber Posts: 1
I am looking for a new host for my business. I am in the entertainment business as freelance production crew. I use network solutions build your own web site. Not to bad but for the cost expensive. A friend of mine (20yrs C++ and tech. ect.) I take his information to value. He told me that I had five hackers in my site and to call my host. So I did and they just blew me off. In short that I did not know what I was talking about. Great service there. Then I did a google search on my site. Got over 9,000 hits look at everyone hoping my site would come up. My site did not. Called my host. In short I had to buy another package to get seen. Just to greedy to me. I thought I bought a good package.What I am looking for is a host for my web site. It will have lots of text. Pics, maybe video. Want to be seen on search engines. That is how I get my jobs.Like to keep track of stats too. Email too. What would sell me more to that host would be great service. Be able to expand more in the future. As my company grows. Do you have a host in mind?

Comments

• Options
    TimWhiteknightTimWhiteknight subscriber Posts: 1
    Forgot my web site is www.RightStuffProdutionsLLC.com. Just started the web site. So don`t have much there. Check out site for content. Learning to create web sites. My budget for web host is about $50.00 a month.     Tim
  • Options
    SparkleGirlSparkleGirl subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I use web.com and I`ve been very happy with their service.  Also, the price is right:  comparable to your $50 budget which also includes an email marketing package.
    Good luck to you.

• Options
    jimallenjimallen subscriber Posts: 0
    Who better than Microsoft?  Click on the logo on the bottom right corner of my site and get yours today.  Fits all budgets.  I am happy with the service thus far.  Basic is free to test it out.
    Jim

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    My hosting provides stats, full cPanel, etc... and is scalable to your needs.
    ~roland
  • Options
    DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141
    I personally use http://midphase.com</A> and I`m very pleased with their service. Their pricing is competitive as well.
    Dale KingDKing2007-9-19 8:49:52
  • Options
    ArtVersionArtVersion subscriber Posts: 0
    The best customer support i experienced from EBoundHost.com  I can recommend them highly.
  • Options
    jimbodkjimbodk subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi Tim, The ticker on your site says you`ve got 37 visitors. At that rate you can survive on a $5/mth plan. Even when you get more traffic, you don`t have to spend $50 / mth on hosting. You can easily get it under $10. How exactly did your friend know your site was hacked by five people? Did you experience any difficulties with the site? As for being seen on search engines, that`s not a service webhost`s provide. It`s a specialized service that needs the help of experts in that field. Looking through your site, you have no text that says you are a `freelance production crew`, which is exactly why you`re not appearing in search engines. Your slogan reads `a person who tries to be the best and it shows`. This is of no value to search engines (or to your potential clients I presume). Something like `Dedicated production crew` would serve the purpose better. A key in writing for the web is to always keep your reader in mind. Since you`re serious about your website, you should ditch the DIY site builder stuff and get it professionally done. There`s probably nothing wrong with your host, just the site that needs working. PS> If you`re still looking for a new host hostgator has my vote as well.
  • Options
    JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    Tim,I too can vouch for HostGator.  they have a  9.95 /month plan where you get unlimited domains and unlimited databases.  I can also vouch for their support.  I have received answers as 1:30 am. 
  • Options
    ArtVersionArtVersion subscriber Posts: 0
    most of the hosting companies now have 24/7 support but most importantly they need to know what they are doing.
  • Options
    JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    Yes you are right.  A lot of tech support folks will give you answers like check this and check that, but don`t really give you answers.  That`s why I like HostGator so much!  Their Tech support ROCKS!
    JoeJustin2007-9-19 23:14:22
  • Options
    jimbodkjimbodk subscriber Posts: 1
    Yups...I agree. HostGator staff seem to know their stuff. They`ll even transfer the site fromt he old host for free.
  • Options
    VoyskaVoyska subscriber Posts: 0
    If you know a little. Linode.com is probably the best offer you can find for a VSP service. Plans start at under $20 a month. You might need to learn a little about server set up. Don't let this scare you. The support and documentation is outstanding. What's nice about Linode is that your in complete control. This means you can set up your server to run on the same operating systems that Netflix and Wordpress run on.