WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Are you using a peer advisory board yet?

amacgi1amacgi1 subscriber Posts: 2
I`ve been out here on the SuN forums for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I was wondering who`s using peer advisory boards to help grow their business?
If you are, how has a peer advisory board helped you grow? What kind of things does your board usually discuss?
Tell us if it`s helped.
Andrew

Comments

• tiedye2000tiedye2000 subscriber Posts: 0
    And how about, if you are a one-of-a-kind business, how do you find people to sit on the advisory board in the first place?
  • KatherineKatherine subscriber Posts: 2
    We are using an advisory board but more for editorial focus and evaluation at this point than for long-term business growth (we are a children`s publishing startup working on our first line). We wanted those on the board to be representative of our audience as well as have professional experience in publishing and/or education. And--perhaps most importantly--we wanted each person to be someone who has experience (and hopefully enjoys) reading to kids! We wanted a range of ideas and perspectives, so our ed board members range in age from 25 to 73, with at least one or two people in each decade in-between.
    The thing I enjoy most about having an advisory board at this point is the sense of community and excitement they share with us. We hope to be able to get everybody together in one space for our celebration when we`re ready to launch...but we`ll see where we are, funding-wise!