WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Contacting Celebrity for Permission/Partnership

EileenTEileenT subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2007 in Developing Your Invention
I have an idea that needs the support and creative talent of a celebrity cartoonist (think Doonsbury, but not) and I have no idea how to contact this individual without going through a syndicate (the word gives me chills). I want to pitch directly to this person, but he/she is not easy to track down via the internet except thru said syndicate. Any advice? Thanks, Eileen

Comments

• EileenTEileenT subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for responding Steve! I need to get in touch with this cartoonist because this product will use his copyrighted characters. Am I looking at this the wrong way? I guess I am worried about the syndicates being involved because I am a small start up and they may pass this idea to an existing big business that can capture this idea...if they haven`t already, that is. It definitely is not on the market yet.
    I just looked at your site and your style is definitely in line with my company! I`d love to add you to my Buddy list...EileenT2007-5-7 12:4:16
  • EileenTEileenT subscriber Posts: 1
    My lucky day to have posted this question and you were there to respond! Thanks Steve. I will follow your suggestions. Sorry, I`m being so "Natasha" about this, but I`ve been reading too much on trademark and copyright laws to feel "safe" yet. The cartoonist is Pat McDonnell, just fyi....and eveyone else reading this.
    Eileen
    thournir@enlightenedplay.com