WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hello from Ocean City, Maryland!

KalaNagKalaNag subscriber Posts: 1
edited February 2009 in New Member Welcome

Hello, everybody!
I joined this group because of all the good info I found in your articles and forum posts – one click led to another and hours went by!  I’m going to pass the word about StartupNation to a list of people I mentally compiled as I went from page to page!

I chose my SuN nickname from a Kipling poem in the story of Toomai of the Elephants.  Kala Nag was a wild elephant, captured young, and forced to work in the Indian lumber camps for most of his life.  Eventually he came to understand and believe that he wasn’t given his strength merely to drag logs and do the petty bidding of his masters, so . . .

I will remember what I was.
I am sick of rope and chain.
I will remember my old strength and all my forest affairs.
I will not sell my back to man for a bundle of sugar-cane:
I will go out to my own kind,
. . .
I will go out until the day, until the morning break –
Out to the winds’ untainted kiss, the waters’ clean caress –
I will forget my ankle-ring and snap my picket-stake.
I will return to my lost loves . . .

Good ol’ Rudyard said it well, didn’t he?

So, yes, several years ago I escaped from my own “cubicle camp”, and yes, I am working harder than I have in many years, but it feels real, real good!  I’m sure some - if not all - of you understand!

Anyways, hello, everybody – I’ll be around!

Comments

• KalaNagKalaNag subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for welcoming me, Craig, and thanks for the compliment on my business.
    I see your name on many posts here, and you don`t seem like such a curmudgeon to me . . . maybe it`s time for a Re-Certification program?  Maybe a Top Ten list of "Maybe you`re a curmudgeon if . . ." like Jeff Foxworthy`s Redneck lines?  Awards for living with a curmudgeon?

Mik