WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Start-up restaurant funding

lulusdinerlulusdiner subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2008 in Elevator Pitches
Hello, I am new here, although the question I pose is not. My restaurant concept will fill a niche that is currently not being addressed here in Tulsa. I have a business plan complete with financials, extensive food service experience, and a passion to bring my concept to fruition.
    Now for the reality check - I have poor credit, no collateral or assets, as they are all tied to my husband.
    I have found an existing restaurant for sale that is only two years old, has $300,000 worth of FFE and is sitting on prime real estate. I have a real estate license, and if someone would buy it and lease it back to me, I would make $25,000 in commission to put into the business.  I am also looking for $50,000 to be loaned to me, which will be paid back in full, with 7.5% interest in 18 months.

If this sounds interesting to anyone, I will be very appreciative of the help. Any comments and advise will also be welcome. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Innovator7Innovator7 subscriber Posts: 9
    Restaurant is a risky business isn`t it?
    Better off flipping properties???
  • Options
    lulusdinerlulusdiner subscriber Posts: 2
    Flipping properties is not as easy as it looks on TV

Yes, restaurants are a risky business, but there are plenty of successes as well. Fear of failure is not going to keep me from doing what I want to, as long as I have all my ducks in a row.

Yes, Miteymite, I agree with you about the value of the equipment. In this case, it is the cherry on top of a great location with excellent market demographics. All items on the menu will be made on the premises, no pre-made frozen, processed foods will be served. It will also have an extensive kid`s menu which is sorely lacking in this market.
    lulusdiner2/26/2008 8:31 AM