WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

I have a prototype but no more money...

CarpeNoctuCarpeNoctu subscriber Posts: 3
edited April 2009 in Protecting Your Ideas
What does a person do when they have built a working prototype but have no money for an attorney or a patent?
My fiancée and I are, like so many others these days, barely scraping by and we have sacrificed everything we could to build the initial prototype with the intention of doing nothing more than proving a theory. Now that they theory has been proven, we are spending what little we have to improve the prototype to make it "presentable"... Luckily, this won`t actually take much. Unfortunately, we don`t have the extra money to pay attorney`s fees, patent fees or anything else...
We have considered getting an NDA and talking to potential investors, but with our limited knowledge of NDA`s, we`re afraid of moving forward without solid protection... Thus the desire for an attorney...
What are our options?

Comments