WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I need help finding start-up money

doubledaydoubleday subscriber Posts: 2
edited April 2009 in Startup Funding
Hello all,

I`m new here, and looking for any ideas for finding start-up money.  We have a great business plan that has been reviewed and given a green light. Problem is, finding money to get us off the ground. Any thoughts other than the usual, friends, family, SBA, etc.?  We are offering great returns on $150k. 12-15%+

T

Comments

• robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    T,

There are any number of ways to bring capital into a business. Some are not appropriate for a startup - while others are. Finding the optimum capital strategy for you depends upon your situation. At the $150K level, you`re really not a candidate for VC firms.

Your offer of 12 -15% is a "tweener" -  a bit high for debt but low for an equity deal.

If you `d like to discuss your specific situation, send me a PM or contact me directly.

Robertj
  • doubledaydoubleday subscriber Posts: 2
    I guess thats the question, where do I look, how do I get into these groups or individuals?
    Where to look is largely a function of  "who" you are looking for - which is determined by what you offer.

Also, it`s not only where one looks but how they do it that impacts their success.

• doubledaydoubleday subscriber Posts: 2
    Would you be willing to discuss this in a PM, so that we can have a more complete conversation.  My understanding at this point is, if your not in the "good ol` boys club" your limited.  How do I get into the "club"?
    doubleday4/14/2009 5:55 PM
    doubleday,

Knowing the right people only counts once you`ve determined who the "right" people are. We`ve also determined that, for early stage funding, knowledge, skills and preparation are more critical than "connections"

I would be willing to discuss in a PM - but it`s easier for me if you use my direct email address which is robert@bizgrowthmasters.com