WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please review my website

asta0001asta0001 subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2012 in Website Critique
Hello All,
being a student I have created a website for a fictional company (this is why the purchasing functions are disabled):
http://ruscrafts.ca/
I would really appreciate if you could give me your feedback/suggestions how to improve it.
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• webdrivenwebdriven subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi, overall a promising site! Let's start with the cons. The main logo in the top left hand corner could be improved, the lettering needs more contrast from the background pattern. At the bottom of the page, there are two links, one to home page and one just to home, and both lead to the same place so one should be taken out. In the section where you have the photos of the women wearing the scarves, there is a white gap between the woman on the left and the text box beside her, you should enlarge the images and make them fill this space. Now the pros. The layout is simple and sophisticated, and the colour sceme is good. The site is proffessional-looking and not scrappy, as many homemade small business sites are even out in the real world. The shoppers will have a very smooth-sailing experience with the easy to use cart and the clear product profiles. A very appealing site that markets the products tastefully.