WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Marketing to Teachers

momto4momto4 subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2009 in Marketing

Hi - I am new here so I am not sure what I am doing and I can`t wait to have the chance to read the wealth of info on this site. I am wondering if anyone has any low-cost ideas on how to market to teachers. I just purchased a die cutting business and have had great comments from teachers who have found our site so I would like to reach them directly. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the reply and for having me here!

Comments

• MyMarketEASEMyMarketEASE subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello Momto4!  Welcome to SUN.
    If I`m reading your post correctly, you appear to already be getting traffic.  Is that correct?  If so, your first step should be to capture the emails and contact information from your site visitors.  If you`re already capturing the information, you should have an ongoing contact strategy with language speaking directly to the needs of teachers.

Separately, you can prospect to teachers by identifying websites that are frequented by them, and posting links to your site.  You can also develop a presence within your local school system by attending events and making promotional materials available.

This is all VERY high level, but if you need a more detailed strategy, let me know.
  • momto4momto4 subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the help. The website looks nice - I am definitely going to spend some time looking at it. My biggest hang up right now is that I don`t have the expertise to change my web site to cater and have a more teacher look to it and I can`t afford to pay someone to do it. I will keep looking over the info on this site though and maybe it spark my creativity. Thanks again!
  • nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    You might try the various teachers associations or PTA`s with a link to your site.