WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

SEO | How much $

iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
Let`s just pretend I am thinking about hiring an SEO expert to assist with the copy on my site. What is a reasonable charge for her/his typical SEO service, plus quality, keyword rich writing abilities? What are the questions to ask?

Comments

• asykesasykes subscriber Posts: 3
    Also, make sure you have solid evidence of success over many projects (I`d suggest at least 10).This way you can decide what the service is worth to you based on evidence rather than just letting the service provider prescribe a price.Try to work out what return you expect to get on the investment, be pessimistic about your estimates and make sure you can take the financial hit in the worst case scenario.
  • iouone2iouone2 subscriber Posts: 14
    Yes asykes! That`s exactly what I am getting at. It`s like buying into a concept. If the concept works, you`re successful. If not... well sorry. They say, "We got paid already.... Next?" So then what do you do? Try a new guy?Anyway... That`s part of my problem. How do you ensure your money is well spent?
    Ok, well, the unsatisfactory answer to "how do I ensure my money is well spent" is, do it yourself.You can look for recommendations from people you trust and you can study track record, but ultimately SEO is about 80% vapour-ware. There are of course guys out there who do a good job, but it`s a risky business.Let`s say you go for a real defensive approach, tell your SEO guy he only get`s paid when you hit top 10 for a specific set of keywords. Here`s how one SEO company I heard of dealt with just such a contract...Bank "ABC" told "SEOGuy" to get a top 10 google position for "mortgage deals". SEOGuy knowing he doesn`t get paid unless it happens within a specific period opted for a bunch of generic high visibility SEO stuff and a viral marketing scheme.The high visibility stuff was to show to ABC, i.e. here`s what we did to boost your rank, but the viral marketing scheme is what really made the difference.So what did they do? Well, as you`d imagine posting "hey I got a great mortgage deal from ABC" is about as potent as a sneeze in a space suit. But if you post "my ABC mortgage deal is one of the $hittiest ever" (excuse the language) It spreads like the black death!Within no time, everyone was talking about their horrible experiences too and providing derisory narratives on ABC`s marketing and back-linking to the satirised pages.The result? ABC got their google rank; SEOGuy got his money. ABC would definitely recommend SEOGuy as his high visibility stuff he showed them seemed to work like magic!Sorry, I`m not really helping to answer the question here, but it can`t help to know just how much trust is involved in an agreement with an SEO Company and the damage they can inflict!
    Incidentally, the names "ABC" and "SEOGuy" are fictitious, any match with real-world entities is purely conincidental.
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    WOW.... Man I miss this dude.... Rest In Peace Brother.... I can't believe your content is still circulating SUN...
  • steerssteers subscriber Posts: 0
    Some charge per hour and some per link. So it depends on bidding for the right price with the right person of course.
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    i have seen insane ranges out there. best advise is to decide what your spend appetite is, then approach firms and gauge who is willing to give you the most bang for your dollar
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    The average guidance is that you ought to mean to supplant 70% to 90% of your yearly pre-retirement salary through investment funds and Social Security. For instance, a retiree who acquires a normal of $63,000 every prior year retirement ought to hope to require $44,000 to $57,000 every year in retirement

SEOGuy knowing he doesn`t get paid unless it happens inside a particular period decided on a cluster of bland high permeability SEO stuff and a viral promoting scheme.The high preservability stuff was to show to ABC, i.e. here`s what we did to support your rank, yet the viral promoting plan is the thing that truly made the difference.So what did they do? All things considered as you`d envision posting "hello I got an extraordinary home loan bargain from ABC" is about as intense as a wheeze in a space suit