WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

The Chicken or the Egg: The Interest or the Need

MattTurpinMattTurpin subscriber Posts: 22
edited February 2009 in Selecting a Business
It seems there are two ways to go about deciding to start up a company.
The first is to say, "I want to sell espresso drinks. How can I make it successful?"The second is to say, "I want to be successful. What do I have to sell?"I was the former. I decided that coffee is my one true love. I decided that I`m the only boss I`ll get along with on a regular basis. I came here to help me make it work. This seems like the best approach for people who want to enjoy their jobs.I see other people who want to be successful, and they don`t care so much how they do it. This seems like the smart way to approach things, to be honest. These people study the market and find the niche.So, how`d you start? Did you say, "I want to be an entrepreneur. Let`s see if SUN can help me find my market," or did you say, "I want to sell coffee flavored toothpaste. Let`s see if SUN can help me market it."

Comments

• Options
    simon2304simon2304 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi, This is simon. In the present day situations every person is looking for part time incomes which can be earned from home. Which requires only a PC. These works involve in less risk and high income.
    SimonDrug Intervention Mississippi
  • Options
    MattTurpinMattTurpin subscriber Posts: 22
    So Simon, did you decide, "I want to sound like a letter in someone`s bulk mail folder. How can I best make it work?" Or, did you decide, "I want to make money off gullible people. Which technique would work best in the current market? Hmm... Bulk mail!" I`m curious how everyone got their inspiration.
    MattTurpin2/26/2009 5:38 AM
  • Options
    WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    it was the desire to earn income while living the life i had envisioned for myself.  so the lifestyle was already in place....and i further envisioned what i wanted it to be in the long term.  i took something i was interested in (online entrepreneurship) and made it fit my lifestyle now and later. i engage in it with full passion and i enjoy my mobile lifestyle...