WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

business type

caliascalias subscriber Posts: 4
edited January 2009 in Selecting a Business
Hi all,
I have a question and maybe you can give me some advice: I want to start a company, first for me in this country; therefore I`m not quite comfortable with all the regulations and legislation. I envision that an important part of my clients will be state agencies. Do you know if there is a limitation regarding the type of the company that can do business with a state agency? I want to start a LLC, but I heard that some prefer a corporation. Are there some legal regulations I could read?
Thank you,
Bogdan

Comments

• Options
    WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    not to my recollection (i am a non practicing CPA).  the form of your business entity does not matter. however, the agency might perceive you different based on your form.  there is a ton of good, easy reading material on google on this topic. i will say that choose what fits your plans and later worry about how you will be perceived.  some might disagree but that has been my approach always